PRIVACY STATEMENT – LAST UPDATED MAY 23, 2018
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Athena Fine Arts, Inc. (DBA “Arthena”).
The Information Arthena Collects
You may provide to Arthena “personally identifiable” information. For example, when you register for access to the Arthena services or contact us with inquiries, you may supply us with contact information including your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
By using the Website, we may send one or more cookies. Persistent cookies can be removed – please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Website, you may not be able to utilize all features of the Website.
“Automatically Collected” Information
When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons,” including web beacons of third parties such as analytics companies. This “automatically collected” information may include your “IP Address”, UDID, other device address or ID, web browser, device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Website, the pages you view on the Website, and the dates and times that you visit the Website
The Ways Arthena Uses Information
Arthena uses the information you provide or that we collect to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Arthena Site now and in the future, including the following:
- We may use your information to respond to you when you submit the “Contact Us” or similar forms.
- Arthena uses the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, and to provide, maintain, support, personalize, modify and improve the Website.
- Arthena may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send messages about the Arthena Site, promoting various Arthena marketing activities and the activities of third parties we work with, which communications you may opt out of.
When Arthena Discloses Information
Arthena is not in the business of selling your information. We may, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing, providing, and maintaining the Website and operating our business, including:
- Arthena works with third-party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, and support as well as other business services for us. These third parties (such as Outreach.io and Mailchimp) may have access to and/or process your personally identifiable information in connection with such activities. These disclosures are generally made on a confidential basis, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- Arthena may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Website.
- Arthena may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or where Arthena determines that such action is necessary or useful to comply with applicable laws, to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise support or cooperate with judicial or law enforcement activity.
- Arthena works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Arthena and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Website; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of Arthena, our users, or others.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
In the event that all or a portion of Arthena or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users, including personal information and User Data in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Third Party Services
The Website may contain links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Website. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Arthena employs certain physical, technical, and managerial safeguards designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Nevertheless, no physical or technical system, process, transmission, or storage mechanism is 100% secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, and human error. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant that information you transmit to Arthena will not be compromised.
If Arthena learns of a security systems breach, then we will notify you within 72 hours electronically, such as by posting a notice through the Website, or sending an email to the address we have on file for you, so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach, or if you believe you have identified a security breach or exploit, you should notify us at email@example.com.
The systems underlying the Arthena Site are located within the United States, and the Terms of Service are governed by United States law. If you choose to use the Website from other jurisdictions with laws governing data collection and use that differ from United States law, then be aware that you are transferring your personally identifiable information to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Website you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.